1. If you wear makeup, why do you wear makeup and how often do you wear makeup?
I hardly wear makeup but when I first started wearing make-up aged 17 it's main purpose was to cover spots so I assume that's why I wear it now. I only really wear makeup if I'm going out somewhere or just feel like putting some on.
2. What made you want to participate in this portrait series?
I wanted to participate as I loved how defiant the images are within the series. I also wanted to show individuals that we don't need to cover up spots, scars etc and that we should embrace our natural selves.
3. Is being completely makeup free something that makes you feel in any way uncomfortable?
Some days I feel very comfortable and other days I catch a glimpse of myself and don't.
4. Are there specific factors (positive or negative) that have influenced how you feel about how you look?
There have been specific factors in life that affect you negatively such as photoshopped images etc but there's always going to be things in life that bring your down your self-esteem on how you look. You just need to remind yourself that you're perfect the way you are.
5. If there was one piece of advice for the future you could give your younger self, what would it be?
One piece of advice would be to stop worrying about the future and focus on each day.
6. When have you felt most empowered in your life?
I feel empowered when I don't conform to what someone wants me to do. I don't like doing things that I feel stressed and pressured into doing so saying "no" can be empowering.
7. Is there a woman fictional or real that you admire? Why?
I admire my mom for raising triplets as a single parent. But I admire all woman in walks of life for all various different reasons, such as their confidence or empowerment etc.
8. What quality do you most admire in yourself?
I like how goofy I can be around my sisters.
9. Is there an achievement you are particularly proud of? Why?
I'm think I'm proud of how far I've come since high school. I don't give myself enough praise but from being someone who felt worthless, anxiety ridden and didn't think I could do anything with my life to now finding things that I enjoy is great.
10. In daily life what are the pressures you feel most exposed to specifically as a woman?
I feel a pressure to conform to things that everyone else is doing. Sometimes its just important to do your own thing and not follow the rules.