1. If you wear makeup, why do you wear makeup and how often do you wear makeup?
I very rarely wear makeup and when I do its for fun or just because I want to
2. What made you want to participate in this portrait series?
I think that women today need to feel more comfortable in their own skin and not be so concerned with what others think
3. Is being completely makeup free something that makes you feel in any way uncomfortable?
Not at all. I tend to feel a bit more uncomfortable in makeup
4. Are there specific factors (positive or negative) that have influenced how you feel about how you look?
Being raised to be happy with who I am and how I look played a huge part in my being comfortable in my own skin.
5. If there was one piece of advice for the future you could give your younger self, what would it be?
Have more fun and relax
6. When have you felt most empowered in your life?
When I spent 2 weeks driving around Scotland alone and then deciding to move overseas with my family.
7. Is there a woman fictional or real that you admire? Why?
Helen Keller, she overcame all odds and excelled in life despite her disabilities
8. What quality do you most admire in yourself?
I am honest and loyal to a fault
9. Is there an achievement you are particularly proud of? Why?
Becoming a single mother after moving to a new country and continuing to follow my dream while raising my children.
10. In daily life what are the pressures you feel most exposed to specifically as a woman?
Not looking like what society has deemed 'normal' and being comfortable with who I am makes me feel rather exposed on a regular basis. When you are a mom especially, people assume certain things about you and expect you to look a certain way and if you don't, they aren't sure how to handle you.