1. If you wear makeup, why do you wear makeup and how often do you wear makeup?
I don't wear make often but when I do it's normally for a special occasion
2. What made you want to participate in this portrait series?
I thought it was a really nice concept and good way to show the pressures put on woman to look presentable all the time, its an issue that shouldn't be kept quiet.
3. Is being completely makeup free something that makes you feel in any way uncomfortable?
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I felt completely comfortable in my own skin all the time. It doesn't happen too often but it's nice to cover up those flaws sometimes
4. Are there specific factors (positive or negative) that have influenced how you feel about how you look?
In school I was bullied about my appearance, I had short hair, didn't wear make up and wanted to wear shorts instead of skirts, for so long I tried to fit in and look like every other girl and it really affected my confidence. This was until I met new friends who didn't care about what I looked liked and just wanted to know me for who I was.
5. If there was one piece of advice for the future you could give your younger self, what would it be?
As cliche as it sounds; BE YOURSELF! You'll come to learn that trying to be someone else just simply isn't worth it
6. When have you felt most empowered in your life?
When I went away with my boyfriend for my first holiday, we saw new things and experienced a lot of fun and difficult things on our own.
7. Is there a woman fictional or real that you admire? Why?
My mum. She never fails to let me know how beautiful she thinks I am, whether I'm getting ready to go on a night out or if she's waking me up from college and I look like I've not seen the light of day for a month. She herself is beautiful with and without make up and I admire her for after having three children continuing to look and feel radiant within herself day in day out.
8. What quality do you most admire in yourself?
My ability to stay positive, I'm always looking on the bright side of things and convince other too as well!
9. Is there an achievement you are particularly proud of? Why?
Being accepted to the college course I wanted, especially after not doing so well in school
10. In daily life what are the pressures you feel most exposed to specifically as a woman?
Being told you cant do something because you're weaker and less able and when defending yourself, being seen as crazy, psychotic and classed as just an EMOTIONAL WOMAN.